Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26th Post

Hey guys,
This is Jordan updating you on on trip. Yesterday was a travel day from Chengdu to Bazhong. The bus ride took about nine hours because we were diverted from the highway. The ride was a good opportunity to recharge and get ready for the beginning of the camp. During the drive I was looking out the window a lot taking in the country we were driving through when I couldn't help but notice the number of individual houses that were just off the highway. These houses were usually surrounded by farmland and fairly close to the river. When I first began to see these houses I was amazed and taken aback. I couldn't understand what life would be like in a situation like that. I feel like God took these images to remind me of how vast his kingdom is. The kids we will be teaching all come from different situations and different backgrounds but we have the opportunity to connect with them on a personal level and plant a seed for Christ. On another note the group has continued to grow closer. A very challenging game of Pterodactyl began during the trip. I am proud to say that I was the champion of the final game. I hope everyone in the US is doing well. I appreciate everyones prayers and support and can't wait to see you all again.

Jordan Ivey

1 comment:

  1. We are constantly in prayer for you all, as are many others. So, though they may not be able to post messages here, all of you should know that you are all blanketed in pray daily by people from east coast to west coast and probably beyond.
    You are never forgotten, and we, in this manner, are a part of your trip with you.
    James & Claudia Ivey

    ReplyDelete