Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 4th Post

My fellow Americans!

We all hope that everyone is doing well! I just want to personally thank everyone for all of the prayers, it means a lot! I know that God is working through all of us to show Christ's love. I also want to share two quick stories that I've been blessed to be apart of... One of the camp's Activities Assistant, Donald, spent the night in my room with Mitch and I. He's been a strong believer in Christ for about a year and Mitch and I had the opportunity to hang out with him. I asked him to say a "goodnight" prayer for us, so he willing prayed. As soon as he finished, he told both of us that it was his first time praying in English. Both Mitch and I were humbled and honored to be the first people that Donald prayed out loud in English with. The other story happened today over lunch. Jordan and I were finishing our food and James, a camper sitting across from us who speaks very broken English suddenly said "Amen." Jordan and I looked at each other in excitement. A few minutes later after a conversation of hand gestures and stick-figure pictures, we finally figured out that we were all Christians! It's amazing to see how the Holy Spirit works in unsuspected times!

In reference to Mark's pray request yesterday, Bruce (the New York team member), Jim (the camp director), and Erik led Gina to Christ!

Also, would you please pray for Steve's foot. If his foot is not better by the morning Steve is considering traveling to Chengdu early to visit a hospital.

Thank you so much everyone for all your prayers and support!
Get 'em Rockies!
Joey Scavuzzo

No comments:

Post a Comment