Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 6th Post

Dear Family and Friends!

Today was defiantly a day that I saw the Lord in the faces of all the children, the teaching assistants, the activity assistants, and the teachers! The Lord came down and let me see that God is in control and breaches all cultural differences and language barriers and he LOVES everyone the same. It is nice to be assured that he is in control. Today was also a tearful day of goodbyes as the foreign teachers had to leave the campers and TA's. The relationships formed over the past 10 days will last the rest of our lives. We each have students that have special places in our hearts and we will never forget our TA's that made it possible to form the relationships with our students by bridging the language barrier. I leave knowing God has a plan for us all and I hope we meet again. As I have been saying on this trip, "Their english gets better as ours gets worse. We all come together and cry in the end."

Thank you all for the prayer for Steve's foot, it has been getting a lot better!!

Coming back to Chengdu has been a lot of mixed feelings. The off-roading in the Coach bus was pretty much insane. The team has really become a family rather than just a team. :) I am happy to say that I am a part of that family and I am very sad to leave. But again, God has a plan!

I will see you soon!!!!!!

Thank you all for following us and supporting us and praying for us!

Until the whole world hears,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment