Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Erin: Karaoke and Fatigue


Well, I guess today and yesterday we’ve really started noticing how tired the students have been getting, as well as how tired we, and the T.A.’s have been getting. Many students don’t get enough sleep at night because they’re playing games, talking, or on the computer, which also keeps the T.A’s up. So, I would like to open this blog up with a prayer request that, even though the camp is almost over, that the kids would be energized and understand how important sleep is in order to learn and stay healthy and happy.

This goes along with the international teachers as many of us (especially me) just get drained by the afternoon and want to take a nap, but instead have to teach. Also, I ask for prayers that we would just push through the last days of camp and finish strong and really fulfill God’s plan for us at the camp. The kids have really been growing a lot though, it’s so exciting to see them blossom and glow every time they understand something or run to the classroom ready for a new lesson.

Moving on to today; today was an especially hot day—every time we stepped outside it was like stepping into a sauna or standing in front of ten blazing fires—it was BRUTAL. Thankfully, God has provided us with air conditioning in the classrooms this year because I’ve been hearing many stories from the English camp last year about teachers dripping onto their lesson plans after an hour of teaching.

Also, this evening the activity was a talent show, and unfortunately I didn’t go because I wasn’t feeling well, but I heard that it was funny, enjoyable, and really gave the students confidence and courage to perform.

After the talent show, the T.A’s and younger international teachers sang karaoke at a KTV next to the hotel, which was a blast, and really fun to just spend some quality time with the T.A’s.

I guess we didn’t really figure out a word or phrase of the day, but apparently this morning Eric (one of the other international teachers) put Joey’s iTouch in Chinese, which, according to Joey “looks really pretty but I can’t read anything!” hahaha



Our TA's in my class 3 are awesome; Mandy and Edelweiss.


Who is behind that fan?


Our TA's during the Talent Show


"I can't use this thing any more....."


One of my favorite students; Jason is sooooo cute!


Our daily ride to the school...and yes, the bus leaves on time every
morning and afternoon having left some of us behind. Then
we have to walk...


2 comments:

  1. I want to know, Erin...does this experience make you more excited to be a teacher...or less??? You certainly look the part! 

    As I'm writing this you are finishing up your morning classes and heading to lunch soon. Then it's back at it so I'm praying that God will give you strength to make it through your last big day of teaching! I can't believe you are almost done.
    
Big happening for me today...I was on a walk with Jana and Jody and we had a run in with a rattlesnake!!! As you can imagine we jumped in all different directions when it rattled and jumped out a bit at us and I'm sure the screams were heard far and near, but we are all okay and I'm glad he gave us a warning! Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing...Jason looks a little like a Chinese version of Will!

    ReplyDelete