Monday, August 8, 2011

Joey: Prayer


Ladies and gentlemen! Good morning, afternoon, or evening! We hope everyone is doing very well.

Today we started our second and last week of teaching with an assembly about “courage,” our day’s moral value. I liked to applaud our own team’s courage for coming on this trip and facing the unknown in China, especially the younger members. They all have toughed out the different challenges with facing a different culture while showing their incredible faith they have in Christ Jesus. They have done an amazing job being the “hands and feet of God” with the children and TA’s. Erik and I are very proud of what the team has accomplished beyond the many barriers that we face with the Chinese children and TA’s. Glory be to God!

Again, I like to thank you for your prayers and encouragement! We love reading your responses to our daily blogs! There’s still work to be done in this city! Good news is you all can help through your prayers. We ask that you continue to pray for the Chinese in this camp. You might ask, “J-Scoo [Joey], please tell us, what shall we pray for?” Well, great question; allow me to explain…

- Positive attitude as we get more and more tired

- God to continue to draw the students and some of our non-believing TA’s closer to Himself! One TA in particular named, Annie. God is doing amazing things in her heart; she is very close to becoming a follower of Jesus.

- Continued good health for the whole team; so far so good J

- For Jonathan to STOP loosing his stuff, like his wallet and his back pack with important documents/I.D.’s….cough, cough. (No worries, he found it the next day. :-))

- And, that I will find deodorant because I ran out…the team would appreciate that

I would also like to thank Mark Seifert for taking time out of his busy day in California to post our blogs everyday! You’re the man, Mark!




"I really need to find some deodorant..."



Our "three musketeers" in my class.



With Jonny who lives in Chengdu and knows fluent Mandarin. I'm jealous!!!



On our hike to the Buddhist Temple on Saturday.



With Erin and Tammy in front of our hotel.



2 comments:

  1. Jonathan-BUSTED!!! Sounds like you might be spending some additional time in China!! Dad & I agree, you would never have told us you lost your wallet,etc. Thanks Joey!! So glad I now have a team of witnesses who know what a space cadet you can be & you cannot just say it's your senile Mom. GO TEAM CHINA GRACE!! We also agree Mark is doing an awesome job keeping us up to date, everyday-Thank you Mark!! The only thing better would have been if you could have been with the team in China. Someone please loan Joey some deodorant! We are so proud of all of you and the incredible work you are doing. You are an inspiration and Joey said it beautifully-you are the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. Stay well and continue to take care of each other,as you have been. Treasure each moment this week. We are praying for you, Love, Jonathan's Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to get the specific prayer requests...thanks Joey! Prayed for you guys this morning. I found a butterfly/large moth (not sure which) in my closet today and I have to admit that I wasn't brave like Erin was with the cockroach. I called in Neil to tackle the job. When you get home Erin, you need to teach me your magic!

    ReplyDelete