Friday, August 5, 2011

Tammy: Cockroaches and Yoga Balls


Today was a fun day. The kids learned some more English and today’s lesson was on “respect” learning how they can respect each other. I am having so much fun in China. The Chinese kids are very different from us in how they think and in what they do. Yet God is really working in these kids.

The boys got really dirty today, especially Connor, when they were playing soccer with a big red yoga ball…haha. After dinner we had a big dance party with the kids and it was a lot of fun. I did not stop dancing until the dance was over and I got really hot and sweaty. When I got back to the hotel I took a shower and when I was about ready to blog for today there was a cockroach in Erin’s and my room and it was really big and Erin killed it and then flushed it down the toilet. She was not even scared. Well, maybe a little scared and man it was so big; it sure scared me when I saw the cockroach behind my suitcase.

Today’s word of the day is “never mind” and all the TA’s thought it was really funny.

“Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you he raises to show compassion For the Lord is a God of justices blessed are all who wait for him.” - Isaiah 30:18

I love you all,

Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Erin!! Hope you took a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually having a hard time imagining Erin vs. The Cockroach! You'll never get away with being scared of any little critter again. You are tougher than we thought young lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GROSS!!! I agree with Erin & Tammy...now I will say a selfish little prayer that you all don't bring any multi-legged friends home with you. You are all very brave & it is amazing to hear of the new challenges and adventures you face. Jonathan you know that would have sent me home!!! Love & prayers to each of you.

    ReplyDelete